8 reasons to study for IB diploma in Oakridge International School Bengaluru
- 4 July 2022
The IB (International Baccalaureate) curriculum is academically rigorous. It encourages students of all ages to think critically, challenge assumptions and see what they’re capable of. It stimulates, inspires, and allows students to be multifaceted and excel in every sphere of life. For those children, who choose to challenge themselves, the IB curriculum is hugely suitable and rewarding. IB students learn various life skills and gain a level of confidence that will push them forward their whole life.
1. World’s Best Teachers: Great teachers want to work at Oakridge International School, Bengaluru. So, we are able to choose the very best who has the ability to nurture lifelong learners and inspire each and every student. Being a part of leading premium international schools, Nord Anglia Education, we are supporting them in their development through the highest standards of teacher training, and contemporary teacher training programs so that they can deliver an exceptional education to your child.
2. Advanced learning environments: With world-class technology-enabled learning, and state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor school facilities, we bring your child’s learning to life. It ignites your child’s love of learning. The wind turbine at Oakridge Bengaluru is one of the highlights that has been installed with an aim to help children learn about electricity generation from wind energy as a real-life example.
3. Academic Excellence: Our international curricula provide your child with a solid foundation and a vivid understanding of the world through real-life experiences. We create an environment that fosters ambition, optimism, success, and achievement. Every student is taught respect, high standards of behaviour, and social graces. Our school takes pride in offering language learning programmes that include some native-language instruction. We currently offer French and Spanish as language options. This aside, we are committed to personalising the learning for every student to meet the diverse needs of every individual, throughout their school career. These are some factors that make our students excel in academics.
4. Best university placements: Our IB students’ outstanding academic results and their multifaceted capabilities open doors to the world’s Top Universities. Being one of the best international schools in Bengaluru, Oakridge provides top-notch career counseling to help and guide students to get admission to their dream university. The school also conducts a University Fair every year, where top institutions and universities come and interact with our students and their parents. The school also holds a tie-up with CIALFO, which also helps with placements in top universities around the world.
5. Our IBDP results are higher than the global average: Every year students achieve exceptional results in the IBDP. Oakridgers secured a 100% pass score in IBDP 2021 against the 86% average pass score of 1,76,000 students across the globe. It is a matter of great pride that our class average of 36.5% is 3.5% higher than the average world score of 33%.
6. Exceptional learning experiences: The learning at Oakridge goes far beyond the classroom. Our transformative programmes, collaborations, and experiences develop our students’ talents, unlock their potential, and inspire them to achieve more than they ever imagined. Our expeditions to Switzerland and Tanzania are designed to broaden our students’ perspectives and expose them to different cultures, people, and ideas. They will have access to global, regional, and local opportunities – and the chance to dig deep within themselves to find resilience and develop their leadership capability. These camps involve students working on practical tasks of building and maintaining school and village accommodation.
7. Global exposure to IBDP Students: Through Global Campus, an interactive online learning platform, unique to Nord Anglia, students work together across the globe. The global campus provides students with an extensive range of learning opportunities 24/7/365, which includes activities and competitions, designed by experts, to support all areas of the curriculum. It immerses students in international projects and challenges, which develops students’ creativity, collaboration, courage, critical thinking, cultural awareness, and communication. In addition, it encourages students to discuss, collaborate, compete and celebrate with one another. This also includes learning with MIT and Juilliard. They gain a broader perspective on life and learn to value opposing viewpoints. It’s just one of the many ways we help our students grow into responsible global citizens who are comfortable in our diverse, multicultural world.
8. Making a difference with a social purpose: Being one of the top IB schools in Bengaluru, we are dedicated to encouraging students to become global change-makers – ready to take on the world’s most pressing problems. We understand that our students want to make a difference in the world, and we work hard to empower them. Our global partnership with UNICEF helps our students become more aware of the world around them and encourages them to develop their own sense of purpose. Every year, our students contribute to hundreds of local causes through UNICEF and UN Sustainable Development Goals activities. Furthermore, we encourage our students to make a difference in their communities by participating in local outreach activities through our Share A Dream programme, where they can participate in fundraising and volunteering activities on issues that are important to them.
The IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) is a globally recognised qualification for students seeking a broad and challenging curriculum that will help them develop all the skills required for university success.