As August leads the transition from summer to fall, let it inspire you to aim high and commit to accomplishing it all.
Another month has ended and once again we get to celebrate the wonderful events and achievements that have taken place at our school over the past month. And when it’s a global opportunity, Oakridgers take the world by storm. The month of July witnessed some spectacularly phenomenal heights the kids have scaled up.
- Our kids of Grade 8 and 9 recently embarked on an exciting expedition to explore the Swiss Alps under the guidance of experts in Nord-Anglian education. The kids marvelled at the region’s fascinating history and the vital and transformative part of the expedition stimulated personal growth, build resilience, and promote global citizenship through challenging activities. We are grateful to our parents, the Nord Anglia team and the entire Oakridge community for making this journey a resounding success.
- Our campus was chock-a-block with young leaders! 400 delegates from 40 schools walked in to present constructive arguments displaying their unwavering dedication to effecting positive change on global scenario. Behind the MUN (Model United Nations) 2023 crack jack show was the unperceivable efforts of teacher volunteers and student agency. Certainly, teamwork is the secret that enables common people achieve uncommon results.
- It is more than learning. It is about creating the leaders of tomorrow. Investiture Ceremony marked a significant beginning of the new academic session. The ceremony signified the reliance and confidence that the school consigned in the newly invested office bearers of the Prefect Council. Donning the mantle of accountability, the young talents pledged to bestow their duties to the best of their abilities.
- “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.”- Bill Nye | Shashank and Ishanka, our DP1 had an amazing time at the NAE-UNICEF Student Summit held in NYC. They visited UNICEF Headquarters, learned about their work, attended workshops, presented projects, and networked with students from around the world. Our students met NAE (Nord Anglia Education) peers at Nord Anglia International School of New York, prepared presentations, and explored Times Square and Central Park. Meeting students from all corners of the globe was both exciting and awe-inspiring.
- Our youngsters are turning trash into treasure! Cambridge Primary and GoodeeBag’s Recycling Drive – Something for Nothing was an enormous success. Over the course of one week, youngsters collected 750kg of dry waste. This waste was recycled and reused, helping to create a more sustainable future. We are so proud of our students for their commitment to sustainability.
- Guest lecturers provide an important educational experience for students based on their real-world life experiences. Our Grade 1 learners learned about balanced choices from Ms. Swetha Rao’s inspiring talk and had a session on ‘Making balanced choices‘ by Ms. Ankita Mishra, a yoga instructor. Grade 4 and 5 kids had creative learning session by Ms. Vibha Batra, a renowned author, columnist, creative Writing Mentor. Students got to see the insight and perspective of the guest lecturers’ specific field. These Guest lecturers acted as role models and brought an authentic, vivid picture of the real world to students, thereby enabling transdisciplinary learning.
Thank you all for your ongoing support to our school. On the operational end, we have been investigating transport issues with our outsourced company and have been in the process to strategize it. Please be rest assured that we will do all intervention and contractual amendments to make sure that our students come to school on time and reach home safely. Safety and the wellbeing of students stay our utmost priority too.
Last but not least, with enormous pleasure, we are happy to announce glad tidings with yet another season of TEDxOakridgeBachupally on Thursday 31st Aug’23. The theme for this event is “ALCHEMY” Stay tuned for more updates. In this regard, we cordially invite parent sponsors to partake in this event. Interested parents can send an email to Ms. Lavanya @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Well, inspiring our community to be inclusive and empathetic leaders who celebrate diversity and contribute towards a peaceful and more sustainable world is exactly what we resonate. Looking forward to a fruitful month ahead with many more reasons to smile.
Having a positive attitude is not insipid, it is a concrete and intelligent way to view problems, challenges, and obstacles. So, keep feeding your focus!