The chilly winters are here!
As the temperature dips, many unwitting people especially kids might end up shivering under the covers with viral fever or cold flu. Speaking of illness, it’s quite obvious that kids tend to miss their school due to cold flu. If you are one of the kindergartens or first-graders’ parents who think that missing school in early grades is not that of a big deal, this is actually not the case.
Attendance does make a difference. It is considered as monumental importance when it comes to student success. You cannot learn when you are not there to learn. It’s difficult for teachers to build their skills if they are frequently absent. Students who attend school consistently are more likely to succeed in academics. In line with this, we provide you with some simple but valuable tips on how to keep your children safe and warm.
When the weather turns cold, kids can face a few dangers of which the adults need to be aware. Understanding the basic risks in the first place can help protect your child from the ravages of winter.
1. Exposure to extreme cold can cause health issues.
2. Yet limited outdoor activities can cause lethargy and overheat.
3. Bacteria and viruses spread easily when confined to smaller spaces for long periods.
However, with careful supervision, children can enjoy the chilly winter days without substantial risk.
1. Provide a variety of activities to promote physical movement.
2. Supervise outdoor play.
3. Understand the hazards of winter and how to prepare for them.
Here are a few tips to take care of during the winter chills for your children.
- Dress your child warmly for outdoor activities. Several thin layers of clothing will keep them warm.
- Keep their head, ears, hands, and feet covered at all times.
- Give them a healthy, balanced diet to eat that includes fruits and vegetables.
- Teach them proper hand-washing techniques to kill germs and bacteria.
- Give mustard oil massage for it has various antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-rheumatic properties that make it perfect for winter use.
- Give your children warm soup. Spice them up with their favorite sauces and black pepper.
- Limit the bathtime and use lukewarm water.
“Keep Calm and Enjoy the winter with the kids”
Hope this article was useful.
“If you have any other useful winter tips to add, do share with us by commenting below.”
If you find this article useful, do follow us for more such interesting articles and updates from Oakridge, India’s Top International Schools. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube for regular updates.