“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it” – Robert Swan
We at Oakridge believe we don’t need grand heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small actions when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world.
Keeping this in mind, Oakridge one of the top international schools in Bachupally, Hyderabad conducted a project-based lecture series, on the topic “Green Buildings and Sustainability”.
A basic premise of education for sustainability is that just as there are wholeness and interdependence to life in all its forms, so must there be a unity and wholeness to efforts to understand it and ensure its continuation.
Nine dignitaries from different professions shared their knowledge and launched the project “Green Buildings and Sustainability” at Oakridge International School, Einstein campus to help our students to understand and move towards environmental sustainability.
The day started with a series of lectures with different grades including:
1) Mr. Sagar Marepally, Facilities Head of T-Hub spoke on Environmental Conservation
2) Ms. Sridevi, CEO, Vibrant Living gives a lecture on Green Home-Organic Farming.
3) Kalpana Ramesh – Interior Architect KAAVA-The design studio, spoke on the topic of Rainwater conservation.
4) Mr. Rakesh Munnanur Founder and CEO Whistle Drive spoke on the topic of Public Transport- Air pollution.
5) Dr Shalini Sharma – Co-Founder and CEO Sanshodhan spoke on the topic Domestic E-waste Management.
6) Mr. D.V Rama Krishna Kumar Sharma, project Director in Telangana State Renewable energy Development Corporation LTD Spoke on Alternate Energy.
7) Mr. Ravichandra, Senior Manager – Clean tech, Blue drop Spoke on Water Management.
8) Mr. Vishnu Malpani, GM-Strategy and Business, Visakha Industries spoke on Sustainable Eco-system.
9) Mr. Udit Patidhar from Waste Ventures spoke on the topic Waste Management- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
The Project was launched by lighting the lamp. Vice-principal Ms. Baljeet Oberoi addressed the gathering talking about the difference between literate and educated, and emphasized on becoming educated and implementing practically for the betterment of people and to bring change in the society.
Heading the whole initiative Mr. Sagar Marepally, Facility Head at T-Hub along with Mr. Vishnu Malpani, announced the topics for the projects and encouraged the students to come up with innovative and valuable solutions in a 3 weeks time based on their takeaways from the multiple talks held today.
Principle Ms. Hema Sanjay felicitated all the dignitaries with a token of love and respect.
Our Little Oakridger Vanisha and Siddharth along with grade 10 students Varsha and Vineeth also introduced ‘Way to Ambulance’ initiative to the entire audience present.