Enriching educational school trips contribute to the overall development of students. The benefits of exploring different places at an early age are manifold. In this context, school trips are recognized as an integral part of learning, a shared social experience that renders the opportunity for students to inquire and explore the real-world information. Students fall in love with learning when they are exposed and engaged with the information in an interesting way.
Be it an international trip, national trip or an accustomed field trip within the city, it is, therefore, very much important to take the students out of the classroom. This helps them absorb, interact and be immersed in the culture, history, and background from across the globe. Below are seven key educational benefits and reasons how getting students out of the classroom is good for them!
1. Students motivate themselves to learn - In today’s world, it’s completely transparent that visual information is easier to feed in mind that the textual information within the classroom. Consequently, through school trips, students obtain practical information within the brain. Students are more likely to enjoy and learn things better when they actually experience it from where it all began, rather than the classroom where the exposure might be limited.
2. Gain better understanding and excellent grades - Traveling kids are smarter kids, as they are exposed to many things that they might not experience within a place. It not only broadens their horizons and see global issues from many different angles but also opens up their minds to learning. By seeing real-life lessons, kids are more likely to understand and appreciate the importance and relevance of what they are learning. Hence, they perform better in their academics and score excellent grades.
3. Gives new and valuable learning experiences - Traveling helps to connect with different people from different cultures. They learn different ideas, opportunities, people, and professions, and spark new interests and passions. Instead of being told something, they actually experience it and receive valuable life lessons than within the classroom. As a result. it ignites the desire for a child to try new things and pursue previously unconsidered dreams.
4. Help get original and creative thoughts - They say, for a more creative brain, travel! The store of new experiences can open the mind to new ways of thinking. It’s always good to get out of the comfort zone, as then the mind gets more creative. Exploring new places develop new neural connections that trigger authentic and creative thoughts.
5. Enhances social and communication skills - Another perk of traveling is the chance to improve communication skills. Educational trips to areas where the native language is not widely used let students encounter people with different ways of communicating. They learn how to communicate with all manner of different people. Most of them also develop an interest to learn new languages and socialize with people of different cultures.
One of the most treasured memories of school life are the educational trips and adventure camps attended with friends. To ensure that our students can add more to this treasure with their smiling faces, twinkling eyes and giggling laughter, every year Oakridge, one of the top CBSE schools in Hyderabad organizes multiple national and international educational trips. Educational tours include student exchange programs and expeditions which also helps to develop their skills like leadership, perseverance, survival skills, teamwork, responsibilities and more. Also, students experience different cultures, navigate new languages and explore historic sites, all while developing the global perspective needed for success in today’s interconnected world.